This scholarship, named for lead writer and editor at topbingowebsites.co.uk Sam Barlow, is offered to encourage student creativity and innovation in writing.
TopBingoWebsites awards The Sam Barlow Creative Writing Scholarship to a current student who has authored a substantial essay on the topic of gambling. The essay must be between 1,500 and 3,000 words. The students who present their doctoral dissertations and master’s theses will get an advantage, but every student that is good in creative writing is encouraged to apply.
The award consists of £1,700 to help the student pay his tuition fees.
The applicants must be students, or have finished their degrees in the past 2 years, or be accepted in an academic programme at the time of submission.
The scholarship competition is adjudicated by a two-person committee chosen from among the writers of TopBingoWebsites.
The Applications should consist of these written materials, sent electronically in PDF format (preferably as one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 30, 2017:
- An essay on the topic of gambling between 1,500 and 3,000 words. The essay must not be plagiarised;
- The applicants must send a brief cover letter 2-3 pages, explaining the nature of the project;
- The applicants must send a CV;
- The applicants must send a professional resume;
- The applicants must send a brief letter of reference, on university letterhead, from a professor or academic advisor (preferably thesis director), establishing the applicant’s student status and speaking about their qualifications and achievements as a student and presenter.
- All applicants must have a Grade Point Average of at least AAA- or the equivalent in their university. Therefore, they must also provide an academic referral with their application.
The deadline to submit the applications is December 30, 2017. Every applicant must send the above-mentioned materials to email@example.com. Any late applications will be disqualified. Any applicants that do not meet all of the above-mentioned requirements will be disqualified. The prize money will be sent via PayPal. Only the winner of the scholarship will receive feedback of the results. If there are no worthy applications, the reward will not be received by anyone, and the prize fund will move on to the next year’s contest to double it.
If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.